Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Unread mails in Gmail

Once in while, I go to the Spam folder in my Gmailbox and retrieve the ones I do not consider spam. This pushes such emails to my inbox and then I see the nagging sign next to the Inbox that says 20 unread messages. Typically, I can find all of them on page 1. But since these are retrieved from the Spam folder, the dates would stretch to a few days earlier and so, I would have to navigate across pages to find each of these unread emails.

Gmail, fortunately, like Outlook and unlike most other web mail providers, gives a way to filter emails based on whether they are unread. To do this, simply search for label:unread while in Gmail, and you get this filtered list. Cool, huh?

Source: http://www.dailyblogtips.com/gmail-tip-how-to-browse-only-the-unread-messages/

No comments:

Post a Comment