Monday, November 21, 2011

PDF Printer for Windows

Whenever I need to have a copy of something important, such as a travel ticket, I like to print to file instead of a regular printer. This way, I could always print it again without having to generate the material again. I used to use the Microsoft Office Document Image Writer for this. This is one of the non-default features that comes with Microsoft Office 2003 or 2007, but has been discontinued in Office 2010.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982760

So, when I have Office 2010 on my new PC, I install just this component from the Office 2007 installer, up until now. The MDI or TIF format works fine locally, but if I have to share it with someone else, it doesnt work as well.

For instance, when I booked a ticket for my father, I feel sending a PDF is a much better option. So, I googled for it, and the first paid ad brought this free PDF printer for Windows.
http://www.pdflite.com/printer?gclid=CPDAgNqyyawCFUwaQgodmHatrQ

Tried and tested, works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment