Friday, November 4, 2011

Dumb-me values

I wanted to perform some load testing of my app. And for which I had to insert some dummy data into a SQL table. Since we wanted to put in maximum data into the fields, it followed that each of the varchar fields should have data with its size limit. Instead of the usual dummy data, I put in some thought to come up with this instead. Am sharing this  since I thought this was nice. :)

First Name16 charactersMyFirstNameIsBig
Last Name16 charactersMyLastNameIsLong
Address1 30 charactersMy Address1 field is humongous
Address2 30 charactersMy Address2 field is huge too!
City 30 charactersI live in a pretty cloudy city
State30 charactersI'm in a const state of denial
Postal Code14 characterswhat zip code?
Email Address46 characterswritingCodeCanBeFunIfUKnowHow000000@iMGeek.com

I didnt come up with the size limits, just the values. The last one is a 6-digit 0-prefixed number that is used to store a million possible values.

No comments:

Post a Comment